CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: 100 Prints for Open Studio (accepting submissions Jan. 4 – Feb. 9; show May 12)
by toronto craft alert
100 PRINTS is Open Studio’s biggest fundraising event, providing much needed revenue in support of the Studio’s programs and operations. Taking place on Wednesday May 12 at Toronto’s Palais Royale, 100 PRINTS 2010 is shaping up to be another fabulous event! We need artists to help support this event by donating your best printmaking works to us.
All work selected for inclusion by the jury is eligible for one of the three 2010 Open Studio National Printmaking Award cash prizes valued at $3,000, $1,500 and $500, to be announced the night of the event! Prizes will be awarded to works of special merit as determined by a jury. A charitable tax receipt for 100% of the value of each print will also be issued if your work is selected for inclusion in 100 PRINTS. All Canadian printmakers are eligible; you do not need to be affiliated with Open Studio to participate.
- A maximum of two unframed prints per artist (3 dimensional works will be accepted,however, no assembly of the work must be required).
- Eligible works include any work that is (in whole or in major part): a lithograph, screenprint, etching, engraving, drypoint, aquatint, mezzotint, monotype, woodcut, linocut or archival digital print printed by you or otherwise printed in Canada. Works may be unique or from an edition small in number.
- Works must have been created within the past 3 years.
- Maximum paper size for each work is 30 inches x 44 inches (diptychs willbe accepted but combined must not exceed the maximum paper size). The jury will not consider any works larger than 30 inches x 44 inches.
- Minimum value of each individual donated print must be $375.
- Works must be received in excellent condition. Works deemed damaged will not be considered by the jury. Please follow our packing instructions to ensure your prints arrive undamaged.
- Please include a current CV and one copy of the entry form for each work submitted.
Please send works to: 100 Prints 2010 c/o Open Studio, 401 Richmond Street West, Suite 104, Toronto ON M5V 3A8
Artists from outside Toronto, or who are not able to pick up work that is not selected, should include return postage to cover return of work.
Deadline for submissions: Tuesday, February 9, 2010. No extensions will be provided. Submissions will be accepted starting January 4, 2010.
Questions? Please contact Heather Webb, Director.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 416-504-8238
OPEN STUDIO, Canada’s leading printmaking centre, is dedicated to the production, preservation and promotion of contemporary original fine art prints. Open Studio is a comprehensive artist-run centre for contemporary printmaking practice, providing multi-faceted services, programs and information to artists and the public alike. Open Studio acknowledges the generous support of the Canada Council for the Arts, the Ontario Arts Council, the Toronto Arts Council, our members, individual donors and volunteers.
What is 100 PRINTS? For Open Studio’s major annual fundraising event, 100 prints are juried from donated work from nationally and internationally recognized Canadian artists; 100 tickets are sold for the event, assuring each ticket holder an original fine art print. Tickets are drawn in random order on the evening of the event, and ticket holders have one minute to choose a print. As the evening progresses the element of chance creates an air of anticipation and excitement. The festive night also includes prizes, hors d’oeuvres, cash bar and a silent auction of framed prints specially created by Open Studio artists for 100 Prints.
2009 Open Studio National Printmaking Award Winners were: First Prize, Libby Hague; Second Prize, Pawel Zablocki; and Third Prize, Loree Ovens. Honourable Mentions: Yael Brotman, Karen Curry and Midori Fullerton.
2009 Open Studio National Printmaking Award Jury were: Betty Ann Jordan, arts journalist and founder of Art InSite; David H. Kaye, Director, David Kaye Gallery; and Brenda Rix, Assistant Curator of Prints and Drawings, Art Gallery of Ontario.
Filed under: Call for Submissions